Hello and welcome to the Reader Problems Book Tag! This tag is all about tackling those first world problems us bibliophiles go through. Without further or do, lets get started.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I am one of those people that likes to only read one book at a time. That includes series. If I can help it I will read one series at a time too. I would just read what a book is about and decide what I’m in the mood to start. I tend to go for shorter series first over longer ones.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
If I’m not enjoying a book I am not about to force myself to finish it. I am persistent though, if I am not really hating it then I will give it as much of a chance I can and see if it improves. If I am finding myself just not able to stand picking it up then I will just leave it there and find it a new home to someone else who might enjoy it more.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I try to pick the shorter books I have to try and get through as many as I need to complete my reading challenge. Even if I didn’t complete it, I would be proud that I read as many as I did. Life has its ups and downs sometimes and reading time can be limited.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Ugh, I hate this so so much! The paperbacks of my favourite series Three Dark Crowns all have different coloured spines and I hate that they aren’t remotely similar colours and its just a random rainbow of spines on my shelf. I tend to just suck it up and accept it though. The hardback covers are far prettier so I want to get those eventually.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Social media usually features an array of views on a book. People that love it and people that hate it. You will always find someone with similar views to your own somewhere. If I was really in a situation where everyone loved it though, I’d probably rant to my boyfriend. He’s a good listener.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I’d probably casually stand there wiping my tears away hiding behind my hair thinking “I’m fine, no need to stare, nothing to see here, just got something in my eye!.”
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
No, I have so many books I want to read that I probably wouldn’t be motivated to go back and read books that I have already read. If I needed a recap I would watch a YouTube video on the book or go back and read my own review/notes.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I am so nervous and shy in social situations that I probably couldn’t even bring myself to say no. I would probably make some excuse to delay them borrowing it and then pretend that I forgot to lend it to them.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I would probably just take a break from reading for a while. If I am not in the mood to do something forcing myself is never going to help. Changing it up and reading something a bit different sometimes makes a difference though. Like a manga, comic or a graphic novel. These have more imagery and make for less intense reading.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I will only buy as many as I can afford. I will buy within my means and then get the others when I can afford them.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
I make my way slowly through them one at a time. I don’t like to not have books to pick up when I’m in the mood to read. It just depends how long it takes me to finish my current read. This could be a few days, weeks or even months.
That’s the end of the Reader Problems Book Tag! I hope you guys enjoyed reading. I tag all of you guys to go forth and partake in this tag!